As a Tampa native, I’ve always loved exploring the vibrant cultural hub of Ybor City. So when I heard about Hotel Haya, a newly opened luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Ybor, I knew I had to check it out for a staycation. I spent a relaxing weekend experiencing the perfect blend of history, culture, and contemporary elegance at Hotel Haya, and I can’t wait to share my experience with you.
So come along and discover the many reasons why Hotel Haya is the perfect choice for your next staycation in Ybor City.
Table of Contents
History of Ybor City
Ybor City is a historic neighborhood located in Tampa, Florida, known for its rich history, cultural heritage, and lively nightlife. The neighborhood was founded by cigar manufacturers in the late 19th century and quickly became the center of the cigar industry in the United States. Today, it is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, with a diverse array of restaurants, bars, and shops.
One of the most notable features of Ybor City is its architecture, which blends elements of Spanish, Cuban, and Italian design. Visitors can take a stroll down 7th Avenue, the main street in the neighborhood, to admire the colorful buildings and intricate wrought iron balconies.
In addition to its vibrant nightlife, Ybor City is home to a number of cultural institutions, including the Ybor City Museum State Park, which offers visitors a glimpse into the neighborhood’s history, and the Centro Asturiano de Tampa, a social club and event space that celebrates the cultural heritage of the Asturian people.
Before visiting Ybor City, it’s important to note that parking can be challenging in the neighborhood, especially on weekend nights. Visitors may want to consider taking public transportation or utilizing rideshare services to get around.
Hotel Haya is a historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Ybor City, a vibrant and culturally-rich neighborhood in Tampa, Florida. The hotel features 178 guest rooms and suites, each with unique decor and modern amenities. The property’s design celebrates the Cuban, Spanish, and Italian roots of the Ybor City neighborhood. Hotel Haya boasts a variety of amenities, including a rooftop pool and lounge, a fitness center, and a signature restaurant and bar, Flor Fina. With its prime location, guests can easily explore the sights and sounds of Ybor City, including its many restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.
Room Options Available at Hotel Haya
The hotel offers different types of rooms to cater to the needs of guests. The rooms are designed with Spanish-inspired décor and feature modern amenities to ensure comfort and convenience. Guests can choose from several room types, including standard king and queen rooms, as well as king and queen suites that offer separate living areas. Some of the suites also feature balconies that overlook Ybor City.
Each room includes a flat-screen TV, minibar, and complimentary Wi-Fi. The rooms have plush bedding and modern furnishings, providing guests with a cozy and stylish retreat during their stay.
Nearby Activities Around Hotel Haya
Ybor City is known for its rich cultural heritage and vibrant nightlife. Here are some nearby activities to do during your stay:
- Ybor City Walking Tour: Take a stroll through Ybor City and learn about its history and architecture on a guided walking tour. You can learn about the influence of Cuban, Italian, and Spanish immigrants on the area, as well as the role that Ybor City played in the cigar-making industry.
- Tampa Bay History Center: This museum is located just across the river from Ybor City and explores the history of Tampa Bay from prehistoric times to the present. You can see artifacts and exhibits related to the Seminole Wars, the cigar-making industry, and more.
- The Florida Aquarium: The Florida Aquarium is located just a short drive from Ybor City and features more than 20,000 aquatic animals and plants. You can see sharks, rays, sea turtles, and more, and even take a behind-the-scenes tour.
- Tampa Riverwalk: The Tampa Riverwalk is a 2.6-mile pedestrian trail that winds along the Hillsborough River and connects many of the city’s top attractions. You can walk, jog, bike, or even take a water taxi to explore the area.
- Breweries and Distilleries: Ybor City is home to several breweries and distilleries, including Coppertail Brewing, Cigar City Brewing, and Dark Door Spirits. Take a tour and sample some of the locally crafted beer and spirits.
Food Dining Options Nearby
Flor Fina and Cafe Quiquiriqui are two of the most popular restaurants at Hotel Haya, both offering a unique dining experience.
Flor Fina is the hotel’s signature restaurant, featuring contemporary Latin cuisine and an extensive wine list. The menu includes a variety of small plates, entrees, and desserts, with options for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. The restaurant’s ambiance is relaxed and sophisticated, with warm lighting, plush seating, and elegant decor.
Cafe Quiquiriqui, on the other hand, is a casual eatery that serves up traditional Mexican street food, including tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. The restaurant’s bright, colorful decor and laid-back vibe make it the perfect spot to grab a quick bite or enjoy a meal with friends.
In addition to these two restaurants, there are plenty of other dining options in the Ybor City neighborhood, including Italian, Spanish, and American cuisine. Some other popular options include the Columbia Restaurant, La Segunda Central Bakery, and Carmine’s.
Final Thoughts on my Staycation at hotel Haya
As my staycation at Hotel Haya comes to an end, I’m reminded of how much I love exploring my hometown of Tampa Bay. The beautiful Hotel Haya and its prime location in Ybor City made for a perfect getaway. With so much to see and do nearby, I was able to fully immerse myself in the culture of the neighborhood. I had some amazing food at Flor Fina, and enjoyed the unique architecture and vibrant atmosphere of Ybor City. If you’re looking for a relaxing and culturally rich staycation, I highly recommend a trip to Hotel Haya in Ybor City.