Have your trip to Florida planned by a professional
Fun Facts About Tampa & The Florida State Fair You Didn’t KnowHere are some fun facts about Tampa and the Florida State Fair:
- Tampa is known as the “Cigar City” due to its historical ties to the cigar industry. Many immigrants from Cuba, Spain, and Italy settled in the city and started their own cigar businesses.
- The Florida State Fair has been held in Tampa since 1904, making it one of the oldest state fairs in the country.
- The fair is held annually in February and features a wide variety of entertainment, including concerts, rides, and livestock shows.
- One of the most popular attractions at the fair is the “Midway,” which includes games, food vendors, and carnival rides.
- The Florida State Fair is also known for its unique food offerings, such as deep-fried Oreos, funnel cakes, and turkey legs.
- In addition to the rides and entertainment, the fair also features exhibits on Florida agriculture and history, as well as art and crafts competitions.
- The Florida State Fairgrounds, where the fair is held, is also used for a variety of other events throughout the year, including car shows, concerts, and sports tournaments.
- The fair is a beloved tradition for many Tampa residents, with generations of families returning year after year to enjoy the festivities.
Everything You Need to Know About The FairThe fair is known for its thrilling rides, delicious food, and a wide range of exhibits and entertainment. The fair usually runs for eleven days in February, and visitors can enjoy a variety of attractions, including live music, shows, and animal exhibits. As for the ticket prices, the cost of admission to the fair varies depending on the day of the week and the time of day. Generally, admission prices range from $9 to $12 per person, with children under five being admitted for free. There are also various discount days and deals that visitors can take advantage of, such as “2 for 1” days and “ride all day” wristbands. Additionally, there are separate fees for rides and games, which range from $1 to $10 per attraction. Some of the most popular rides and attractions at the Florida State Fair include the Giant Slide, the Ferris Wheel, and the Midway Sky Eye, which offers stunning views of the fairgrounds and the surrounding area. In addition to the rides, the fair features a variety of animal exhibits, including livestock competitions and petting zoos, as well as live entertainment, food vendors, and much more. The second I got inside, I felt like a big kid! When it comes to rides at the fair, the showstopper of them all has to be the Midway Sky Eye Wheel. It is actually one of the largest traveling Ferris wheels that takes riders up 155 feet! But if heights aren’t your thing. The fair has smaller Ferris Wheels, fun houses, and roller coasters. You could get an armband that allows you to have unlimited rides at the fair too! If you want more info, here’s a list of the fair rides and the height requirement As the night came to a close, I couldn’t help but feel grateful for the unique experiences that the Florida State Fair has to offer. From the excitement of the rides to the delicious food and the friendly faces of those around me, the fair truly captures the essence of Tampa. As a native of this great city, I am always looking for new and exciting things to do, and the fair never fails to deliver. Whether you are a first-time visitor or a seasoned fairgoer, the Florida State Fair is an experience that you won’t want to miss. So what are you waiting for? Mark your calendars, and I’ll see you at the fair! When: February 6th- 17th Where: The Florida State Fair is always located at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. 4800 U.S. Hwy 301 N, Tampa, FL 33610. How much: Tickets are $12 for adults at the gate, $ 9 at the gate for seniors, and $8 at the gate for kids. Who would you take with you to the state fair?! Looking to plan a visit to the Florida State Fair? Here’s what you need to know:
- When: Mark your calendar for February 6th- 17th
- Where: The Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa (4800 U.S. Hwy 301 N, Tampa, FL 33610)
- How much: Adult tickets are $12 at the gate, senior tickets are $9 at the gate, and kids tickets are $8 at the gate.
- Who to bring: Whether you’re planning a family outing or a fun day out with friends, the Florida State Fair is the perfect destination for anyone looking for a day of food, entertainment, and thrills!