This a sponsored opportunity on behalf of Andaz Costa Rica Resort all views and opinions are my own.
Greetings and welcome to my blog! In this post, I’ll be sharing my personal experience of staying at the luxurious Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica. You’ll gain insight into the amenities, activities, and dining options available at the resort, making it easier for you to plan your next getaway, whether it’s a honeymoon, family vacation, or just a much-needed break in the midst of Costa Rica’s natural beauty.
I recently had an amazing vacation in Costa Rica, particularly in Guanacaste, and I can’t wait to share all the details with you. To provide you with an overarching view of how to plan a trip to Costa Rica, I’ve put together an in-depth “Know Before You Go” travel guide, which you can refer to for additional information.
Table of Contents
The Legacy and History of Peninsula Papagayo
Peninsula Papagayo is a luxurious resort community located on the northwest coast of Costa Rica. Some facts about this exclusive destination are:
- The peninsula was originally purchased by Costa Rican investors and later acquired by the Costa Rican government to promote tourism in the area.
- It was developed in the 1990s and has since become one of the most exclusive destinations in the country.
- Peninsula Papagayo is home to several luxury resorts, private residences, a golf course, a marina, and a number of restaurants and shops.
- The peninsula is known for its pristine beaches, lush forests, and abundant wildlife, including howler monkeys, sea turtles, and humpback whales.
- The area has a rich cultural heritage, with several indigenous communities living in the region for centuries before the arrival of the Spanish in the 16th century. Today, visitors can learn about the local culture through various tours and experiences.
- Peninsula Papagayo is committed to sustainability and has implemented several initiatives to preserve the natural environment and support the local community, including a sea turtle conservation program and a scholarship fund for local students.
Transportation Options for getting to Peninsula Papagayo
Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo is conveniently located 32 minutes away from the Liberia Airport (LIR). However, if you’re flying into Juan Santamaria Airport (SJO) in San Jose, the resort is approximately a 4-hour drive away.
To reach the resort, here are some options:
- Private transfer: The easiest way to get to the Andaz Costa Rica Resort is by arranging a private transfer. You can book a private transfer in advance through the hotel, or arrange one through a tour operator.
- Rental car: Visitors can also rent a car and drive to the resort. Rental car companies are available at the Liberia International Airport. However, it is recommended that you rent a four-wheel drive vehicle as some of the roads in Costa Rica can be bumpy and unpaved.
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to the resort. However, be sure to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
- Shuttle: Some hotels and tour companies offer shuttle services to the resort. You can check with your hotel or tour operator to see if they offer this service.
- Public transportation: Visitors can take public buses to the nearby town of Culebra and then take a taxi to the resort. However, this can be time-consuming and is not recommended if you have a lot of luggage.
Having an amazing time at 📍 Andaz #CostaRica resort. Want to see my water view suite next?! #andazresort #travel #CompleteMyLook #Traveltiktok♬ Bamboleo x Narcos Remix - Nalo
Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo
The resort is a luxurious eco-friendly hotel situated on the beautiful Peninsula Papagayo in Costa Rica. The resort features 153 guest rooms, suites and villas, each designed to blend in with the natural surroundings and provide spectacular views of the ocean or the lush forest.
The resort has several restaurants that offer a variety of culinary experiences, a spa, and several outdoor activities, including water sports, hiking, and golfing. Guests can also enjoy a private beach, multiple pools, and access to a world-class tennis center. The resort’s sustainability practices, which include solar panels and a water treatment facility, make it a perfect destination for eco-conscious travelers.
This luxury boutique resort offers accommodation priced between $250 and $1,000 per night, with a World of Hyatt category 5 rating requiring 20,000 points per night.
The resort fee is 12% of the room rate, but this fee is waived if you use your Hyatt points to pay. Additionally, the parking fee is included when you book your stay.
There are four dining options available at the resort: Chao Pescao, Rhio Bongo, Ostra, and Andaz Beach House, each providing a unique culinary experience.
Room Options Available
The Andaz Costa Rica Resort offers a range of room options to suit different preferences and needs. These include:
- Standard Rooms: These rooms are available with a king-sized bed or two queen-sized beds and offer garden or ocean views.
- Suites: The Andaz offers several suite options, including one-bedroom suites with garden or ocean views, and larger multi-room suites with separate living and dining areas.
- Villas: For guests seeking extra space and privacy, the Andaz offers a variety of villa options, including one- to four-bedroom villas with private plunge pools and views of the ocean or golf course.
- Residences: The Andaz also offers luxurious residences that provide guests with the comfort and convenience of a private home, including two- to four-bedroom options with full kitchens and expansive outdoor living areas.
All of the rooms at the Andaz Costa Rica Resort are designed with a modern, tropical aesthetic and include thoughtful amenities such as free Wi-Fi, premium bedding, and locally-sourced toiletries.
During my stay, I was accommodated in a spacious King Bed Bay View room which boasted an array of amenities to enhance my experience. These included a well-stocked minibar with complimentary snacks and beverages, a large 55-inch TV, round-the-clock room service, floor-to-ceiling windows, complimentary flip-flops, and wifi access.
The room, spanning approximately 560 square feet, also boasted a private terrace which provided a breathtaking view. However, the highlight of the room for me was undoubtedly the river stone rain shower. It was an unforgettable experience!
Savor the Flavors of Costa Rica: Restaurants at The Andaz Costa Rica Resort
At the Andaz resort, you won’t have to worry about going hungry. With a plethora of options available, you’re sure to find a dish that you love while also having the opportunity to try something new!
There are four distinct dining destinations at the resort, each with its own unique menu and ambiance:
Rio Bhongo Restaurant: This serves as the main restaurant, offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Ostra Restaurant: Ideal for a romantic evening or an opportunity to dress up, this restaurant has a moody ambiance and an exquisite fresh seafood and ceviche menu. Ostra is open for dinner only.
Chao Pescao Small Plates & Bar: This is my personal favorite, featuring amazing dishes that draw inspiration from all over the world. During my stay, I was able to taste my way through many Latin cultures through their cuisines. Chao Pescao is primarily a tapas bar, serving happy hour and dinner.
Andaz Beach House: This location is perfect for relaxing and grabbing a bite to eat. You can enjoy beachside dining on Nacascolo Beach, and they are open for breakfast, lunch, and drinks.
Resort Activities & Amenities
The Resort offers a range of activities for guests to enjoy. Here is a list of some of the top activities available:
- Water activities: The resort is located on a beautiful beach, and guests can take part in water activities like snorkeling, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboarding.
- Golf: Peninsula Papagayo is home to an 18-hole golf course, and guests of the resort can enjoy a round or two.
- Spa treatments: The Onda Spa at the resort offers a range of treatments and services, including massages, facials, and body scrubs.
- Yoga and fitness classes: The resort offers daily yoga and fitness classes, including Pilates, barre, and more.
- Guided nature tours: The resort offers guided tours of the surrounding area, including visits to nearby waterfalls and hikes through the local rainforest.
- Kids’ activities: The Andaz Costa Rica Resort offers a range of activities and programs for kids, including crafts, games, and more.
- Cultural experiences: The resort offers a range of cultural experiences, including cooking classes, mixology classes, and more.
Overall, The Andaz Costa Rica Resort offers a wide range of activities for guests of all ages and interests to enjoy.
For me, let’s start with their four pool areas, three of which are family-friendly, and one is designated for adults only. At each location, you can enjoy food and drink service while taking in the stunning views from the infinity-edge pools, perfect for capturing your “insta-worthy” moments!
The Onda Spa & Wellness Sanctuary is simply amazing! During my stay, I indulged in the ‘All About Semehmu‘ Package, which included a luxurious body treatment featuring a champagne body scrub and a gold body wrap that left my skin feeling shiny and silky. This 90-minute treatment costs $230 per person.
I also had the pleasure of experiencing a 60-minute Reiki treatment, which was a first for me. I’m glad I did it! Reiki is an ancient Japanese technique that promotes relaxation, eliminates stress, and facilitates healing through the energy of your own body. This treatment costs $95 per person.
Come with me to a custom mixology class at the #andazcostarica resort! #puravida #luxurytravel #costarica #travelblogger #centralamericancheck♬ Peaches sickmix - Sickickmusic
One of the many fantastic offerings I had the pleasure of enjoying during my stay at Andaz was their one-on-one mixology classes. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but as someone with limited mixology experience, I found the class to be very hands-on and informative, suitable for all levels of experience. The instructors were incredibly knowledgeable and made the experience truly enjoyable.During my class we went for more of a sweet taste and funny enough named our creation “sweet drink” and I loved the natural ingredients!
Final thoughts on our stay at Andaz Costa Rica Resort
As my incredible trip to The Andaz Costa Rica Resort comes to a close, I am left feeling rejuvenated, refreshed, and inspired. From the breathtaking natural beauty of the Peninsula Papagayo to the exceptional hospitality of the Andaz team, every moment spent here has been a true pleasure.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone looking for a luxurious and rejuvenating escape. With world-class dining, exceptional accommodations, and a seemingly endless array of activities to enjoy, the Andaz Costa Rica Resort truly has something for everyone.
I hope that my travel guide has been helpful in planning your trip to this incredible destination. Whether you’re planning a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, The Andaz Costa Rica Resort is sure to exceed your expectations in every way.
Want to experience Costa Rican luxury? When you go to book your stay use my code STAYPV for access to the upgrades I mentioned earlier on the blog. You can call +506 2690 1234 or book online.
When visiting Costa Rica here’s a look at the current travel requirements:
Complete the HEALTH PASS online form
The Health Pass must be completed within the 72 hours prior to departure.
Acquiring medical insurance
Tourists must acquire mandatory travel insurance that covers lodging in the event of quarantine as well as medical expenses due to contracting COVID-19.
I went with Roam Right for my insurance due to its great coverage and insanely affordable pricing.