Hello there! As you may have noticed from my last trip to Puerto Rico, I absolutely adore visiting San Juan, and every time I go, I discover something new that draws me back to the island. My most recent visit was an indulgent, luxurious experience, and I can’t wait to share all the details with you as you plan your next vacation!
#BlackGirlLuxury in #PuertoRico 🇵🇷 @discoverpuertorico #sanjuan #isabela #traveltiktok♬ original sound - Blake Healey
Table of Contents
Looking for a luxurious and stylish hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico? The O:LV Fifty Five Hotel is the perfect destination for those looking to unwind and relax in the lap of luxury. The hotel is located in the chic neighborhood of Condado, just steps away from white sand beaches, trendy boutiques, and vibrant nightlife. With stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean, world-class amenities, and exceptional service, the O:LV Fifty Five Hotel is the perfect place to experience the best that San Juan has to offer. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at what makes this hotel so special and the experiences you can have while staying here.
Things to Know Before Visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan is the capital and largest city of Puerto Rico, offering visitors a mix of historic sites, stunning beaches, and lively nightlife. Some things to know before visiting San Juan include:
- Language: Spanish is the official language of Puerto Rico, but English is widely spoken, especially in tourist areas.
- Currency: Puerto Rico uses the US dollar as its official currency.
- Climate: San Juan has a tropical climate, with warm temperatures and high humidity throughout the year. It is also in a hurricane-prone area, with the peak season from June to November.
- Transportation: Visitors can get around San Juan by taxi, Uber, bus, or car rental. It’s also a very walkable city, with many attractions within walking distance of each other.
- Beaches: San Juan has several beautiful beaches, including Condado Beach, Isla Verde Beach, and Ocean Park Beach.
- Food: Puerto Rican cuisine is a mix of Spanish, African, and indigenous influences, with popular dishes including mofongo, arroz con gandules, and tostones. San Juan has many excellent restaurants offering traditional Puerto Rican cuisine and other types of food.
- Culture and history: San Juan has a rich history and culture, with many museums and historic sites to explore, including the San Juan National Historic Site, the Museum of Puerto Rico, and the Casa Blanca museum.
- Nightlife: San Juan has a lively nightlife scene, with many bars, clubs, and casinos that stay open late. The popular nightlife district is called “La Placita” and is a must-visit for those who enjoy dancing and music.
- Festivals: Puerto Ricans love to celebrate, and San Juan hosts several festivals throughout the year, including the San Sebastian Street Festival in January, the Casals Festival in February, and the Puerto Rico Salsa Congress in June.
Traveling to San Juan, PR from Florida: Transportation Options and Tips
There are several transportation options when traveling to San Juan, Puerto Rico, from Florida. One of the most convenient options is to fly, with several airlines offering direct flights to Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan from major Florida cities such as Miami, Orlando, and Tampa. Another option is to take a cruise, with many popular cruise lines stopping at San Juan as part of their itinerary. It’s important to note that when traveling to Puerto Rico from the United States, U.S. citizens do not need a passport as it is a U.S. territory.
This trip served as the perfect getaway for my sister and I. It was a no brainer that we would stay at OLV amongst the great shops and dining in Condado!
The O:LV Fifty Five Hotel is a luxurious boutique hotel located in the heart of San Juan, Puerto Rico. The hotel is known for its stunning views of the Condado Lagoon and the ocean, as well as its stylish decor and top-notch amenities. The hotel features 26 spacious and modern rooms, each of which is individually designed and features high-end furnishings, comfortable bedding, and a range of modern amenities. Other hotel amenities include an outdoor infinity pool, a fully equipped fitness center, and an on-site restaurant and bar serving delicious cuisine and creative cocktails. The hotel is ideally located near many of San Juan’s top attractions, including the historic Old San Juan, the Condado Beach, and the San Juan Marina.
Here are some fun facts about the O:LV Fifty Five Hotel:
- Within walking distance of beaches, restaurants, and shops.
- The hotel has 26 luxurious suites, each uniquely decorated and featuring elegant furnishings, Italian marble bathrooms, and state-of-the-art technology.
- The rooftop pool and terrace offer stunning views of the city and the ocean, as well as a bar and lounge area for guests to relax and unwind.
- The O:LV Fifty Five Hotel is known for its personalized service and attention to detail, with a dedicated staff ready to assist guests with any need or request.
- The hotel also offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, in-room spa services, and a business center, making it an ideal destination for both leisure and business travelers.
Check In at the Hotel
The check-in process at the O:LV Fifty Five Hotel in San Juan is smooth and personalized, with guests being welcomed with a refreshing tropical drink and a cold towel. The friendly and professional staff is always ready to assist guests with any questions or requests they may have. Upon check-in, guests are provided with a room key card, as well as a map of the hotel and the surrounding area. The hotel also offers a concierge service to help guests with activities, restaurant reservations, and other local recommendations. Overall, the check-in experience at the O:LV Fifty Five Hotel is hassle-free and sets the tone for a comfortable and relaxing stay.
The hotel boasts 26 luxurious rooms and suites, each uniquely designed with a contemporary aesthetic and outfitted with the latest amenities. The rooms feature plush bedding, flat-screen TVs, a seating area, and floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning views of the city or the Condado Lagoon. The bathrooms are equally impressive, featuring marble countertops, rainfall showers, and designer toiletries.
The hotel’s rooms and suites are divided into several categories, including standard, superior, deluxe, and executive suites. Some suites also feature a private balcony or terrace with outdoor seating, perfect for enjoying the picturesque views of the city.
My sister and I enjoyed our stay in the Portfolio Suite which offered beautiful balcony views.
The accommodations are truly breathtaking. Our Portfolio Suite boasted floor-to-ceiling windows, a spacious balcony, and a king-size bed with leather and brass accents that were crafted to perfection. The bathroom was adorned with marble and featured his and hers sinks and an ultra-spacious rainfall shower with direct access to the private balcony.
Delicious Food Options At & Nearby O:LV Fifty Five
Experience a culinary delight at the OLV Hotel’s on-site dining destinations. RAYA, headed by local chef Mario Pagan, is a fusion of Caribbean and Asian culinary dishes.
RAYA is open Tuesday to Saturday from 5:00pm-10:00pm. It is recommended that you make reservations in advance and adhere to the dress code, which is casual elegant (no shorts or sandals).
For a stunning view of the city and water, head to the rooftop restaurant AYRA where you can indulge in crowd-pleasing dishes such as sliders, hummus, and tacos.
AYRA is open from Monday to Sunday, with varying hours. Reservations are required for this elegant dining experience.
Final thoughts on my stay at o:LV Fifty Five Hotel
Overall, my stay at O:LV Fifty Five Hotel was enjoyable. Any problems or issues that arose were promptly brought to the attention of the manager and were taken care of promptly. Although we had issues with the air conditioning system in our room, with staff members attending to it multiple times, the temperature never changed. However, the manager was gracious enough to offer us a late check-out as compensation.
If you’re planning a trip to Puerto Rico and looking for more exciting things to do, check out my comprehensive Know Before You Go Travel Guide here!
Have you been to PR before? Share your favorite place to go or activity to partake in when you visit? Comment below and let me know.